Yosemite National Park is committed to protecting any and all personal information that you provide to us. Upon visiting Yosemite.com, we do not collect any personal information about you, unless otherwise provided to us.
What information we collect
As a user, if you simply browse through our website, read landing pages, or download information, our server will automatically gather and store information. This information, however, will not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit to Yosemite.com:
- The Internet domain (i.e., “YourCompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “BusinessCompany.com” if you connect from another domain) and the IP address. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you browse through the Internet
- The type of browser used to access our site (i.e., Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)
- The type of operating system used to access our site (i.e., Mac OS, Windows, etc.)
- The type of search engine used to access our site (i.e., Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.)
- The pages you visit, and
- If you came to Yosemite.com from another website, the address of that website. We will use this information we collect to count the amount and type of visitors to the different pages on our site. We also use the information to make our website easier to access and navigate through.
You send us an email
If you choose to provide us with any of your personal information, we use the information to simply improve our services to you and/or to respond to your request. With the exception of authorized law enforcement investigations, we do not (and will not) share our email database with any other outside organizations.
Links to outside websites